To capture the attention of their target audience, businesses must stay ahead of the marketing curve in today’s fast-paced digital landscape. One such emerging trend that is gaining traction is push notification advertising. Recently, Google listed push campaigns as an important marketing trend that marketers cannot ignore anymore.
The privacy laws of GDPR make push notifications the perfect alternative since they work on the principle of permission-based marketing and do not intrude on customers’ privacy. This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you want to know before contacting a programmatic ad platform for small agencies.
What are Push Notifications?
Push notifications, often referred to as actionable messages, rich messages, or personalized messages, can be defined in various ways. However, all these descriptions are fitting, as push notifications encompass several key characteristics:
- Sent by an app or website: Push notifications are messages sent by applications or websites to the customer’s mobile device or desktop.
- Real-time alerts and messages: They are used to send alerts and messages to the customer in real-time, ensuring timely communication.
- Rich media content: Push notifications can contain rich media content such as images, GIFs, or videos, making them visually engaging.
- Personalization: The content within the notification can be personalized to drive the desired action from the customer, making it a highly targeted form of communication.
How Do Push Notifications Work?
Now that you know what push notifications are, let’s delve into how they work. To understand this better, let’s look at the best way of push notification delivery:
Using a programmatic ad platform for small agencies, you can identify customers who meet specific segmentation criteria and have at least one active device linked to an active push token. A push token is a unique identifier assigned by cloud messaging platforms like APNS (Apple Push Notification Service) and FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging), which helps marketers communicate with app customers effectively.
What Are Push Notifications Used For?
Push notifications are versatile tools that you can use for a variety of purposes, including:
- Engaging with Customers: With the average mobile user accessing multiple apps daily, keeping your app top of mind is essential. Personalized offers, reminders, and relevant messages can capture your customers’ attention and keep them engaged.
- Driving In-Store Purchases: Push notifications can bridge the gap between online and offline channels, creating a seamless omnichannel experience. By working with a programmatic ad platform for small agencies, you can leverage this opportunity to send personalized messages to drive in-store sales, as 82% of smartphone users use their mobile devices to make in-store purchases, according to Google.
- Customer Retention: Retaining customers is often more challenging than acquiring new ones. Push notifications can help with customer retention, including new customers. Sending an onboarding notification to a newly acquired customer within the first week can lead to a 71% increase in app customer retention rates.
- Providing Real-Time Updates: Push notifications are invaluable for providing real-time updates. Whether it’s updating customers about the weather conditions or enabling package tracking, you can keep them informed and engaged.
Click-through Rate of Push Notifications
One of the most appealing aspects of push notifications is their impressive click-through rates. According to a study, push notification campaigns by most programmatic ad platforms for small agencies across 35+ countries have seen click-through rates of up to 45%. This figure is a testament to the effectiveness of push notifications as a marketing channel.
Comparatively, push notifications outperform other channels like emails and SMS in several key ways:
- Higher Click-Through Rates: Push notifications have click-through rates that are 7 times higher than those of emails.
- Better Opening Rates: The opening rate of push notifications is 50% higher than emails.
The success of push notification advertising can be attributed to several factors. First, they are attention-grabbing as they pop up on the customer’s screen, ensuring visibility. In contrast, emails often remain unopened for extended periods.
Maximizing Impact with Vizibl’s Programmatic Ad Platform
The world of push notification advertising offers a wealth of opportunities for businesses to engage, retain, and communicate with their customers effectively. Understanding the power and potential of push notifications is essential for staying ahead in the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape. You can explore this dynamic marketing avenue by partnering with industry leaders like Vizibl, the largest programmatic ad platform for small agencies.
Vizibl specializes in providing affordable solutions for push notification advertising, making it easier than ever for businesses to tap into the immense potential of this permission-based marketing strategy. As the marketing world continues to evolve, partnering with Vizibl can empower your business to maximize the impact of your push notification campaigns and ensure you stand out in the competitive digital landscape.